As soon as I saw these in Katie’s blog, I’ve been dying to make them. Unfortunately, I was sick last weekend and haven’t been cooking or baking since. Today I decided to make them for my sweet coworkers! I tried a few and they are so cute and tasty! Comments in green.
1/2 recipe basic pie dough (1 package pre-made pie dough in the dairy section – both rolls)
1/3 c. dark brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
1 Tbsp all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/8 tsp ground allspice
3/4 c. canned solid pack pumpkin
1 Tbsp molasses
1 large egg plus one egg yolk
1/2 c. cream
1. Place a heavy baking sheet in oven and preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Spray mini muffin tin with baking spray.
3. Roll out pie dough and using 2.5 – 3 inch circle biscuit cutter, cut dough into 24 circles. Press each circle into mini muffin tins, pressing dough up the sides. My pumpkin mixture filled about 45 pies requiring me to use another pie dough roll.
4. In small bowl, combine pumpkin, molasses, and eggs. Stir to combine uniformly and set aside.
5. In large bowl (preferably with a spout), combine sugars, flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, and whisk to combine thoroughly.
6. Whisk pumpkin mixture into dry ingredients. Slowly mix in cream.
7. Carefully pour pumpkin mixture into each of the muffin tins, leaving 1/8 inch at the top of each crust.
8. Place mini muffin tin on top of preheated baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
9. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees and bake until filling puffs and center is fully set, about 10 additional minutes.
10. Remove from oven and let cool before removing from tins to serve.